The learning material includes…
- Define systems operations and support.
- Describe the relative roles of a repository, program library, and database in systems operations and support.
- Differentiate between maintenance, recovery, technical support, and enhancement as system support activities.
- Describe the tasks required to maintain programs in response to bugs.
- Describe the role of benchmarking in system maintenance.
- Describe the systems analyst’s role in system recovery.
- Describe forms of technical support provided by a systems analyst for the user community.
- Describe the tasks that should be and may be performed in system enhancement, and the relationship between the enhancement and original systems development process.
- Describe the role of reengineering in systems enhancement. Describe three types of reengineering.
Download PDF: 20_SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND SUPPORT (size 633 KB)